Lamp Revamp

I found this inexpensive lamp for around $15 at Target (I think).


There was nothing wrong with the lamp, but I thought it needed some jazzing up for it's new home in my daughter's room.  I found the perfect solution to dress it up while perusing the aisles of Hobby Lobby.  They had an adorable white floor lamp with pink shade adorned with feathers.  (I wish I had taken a picture of it.)  I was too cheap to buy it and decided to make one like it using items I already had at home.

To re-create it I cut up an old pink boa & paper clipped it to the shade.  I didn't want to damage the shade in case it looked bad or I decided to change it later.


You can see a few of the paper clips in the picture above.  The boa is so full, you don't see them  on the outside of the shade.

Here's the finished product:




I love the way it turned out, & you can't beat the price!

What do you think?

I'm linking up at these parties:

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...