The Dining Room

I really need to cross some things off my summer project list (since it’s fall ya know!) so I think I’m going to call the dining room done…for now!  Eventually, I plan on adding some plates or artwork on a couple of small walls & I definitely want to add some pattern through pillows or a table runner, but I think I’ll wait until I find something that speaks to me, rather than rushing out & finding something I later don’t like, which I’ve been known to do once or twice or a gazillion times!

Here are some pictures of the space now:


IMG_5858


IMG_5861


IMG_5142


IMG_5862


IMG_3855


I’m hoping to find some pretty plates or other art to hang above the chair in the corner.  I found the Hudson Camelback chair originally $419 from Restoration Hardware on Craigslist for $60!


IMG_5860


And a look back at how the space looked before:


IMG_2977

Here are links to all the projects for the room:

Flower Photography
Styling the Buffet
Sunburst Mirror
Transforming Tab Curtains
Chair Covers
Table Accessories
Chair Rail & Wainscoting

I’m really happy with the way the room turned out & so glad to get to focus my attention on some more noticeably unfinished rooms in the house!

Sharing here:

Between Naps on the Porch, The DIY Showoff, Home Stories A to ZMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaSavvy Southern StyleHouse of Hepworths, The 36th AvenueDIY by DesignAt the Picket Fence, Serenity Now, Tatertots & Jello, Simple Home LifeThrifty Decor Chick

5 comments:

  1. Looking good Wendy! Plates would be really great in that corner - I'm envisioning a group clustered around the corner as the center line. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like the simplicity and elegance of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining room is beautiful. I will be featuring it tomorrow at my Fall into Fall party which opens on Tuesday evenings at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you are doing a great job. Wish you lived next door. We'd be best of friends.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...