My Personal Secretary...

Most moms feel that they need a personal secretary to help with busy schedules, paperwork, and to keep the household running smoothly.  Well, I finally have one...

{Okay, so maybe I was kind of misleading!}

I had been wanting a secretary for the kitchen/morning room, ever since I saw the one in Andrea's kitchen (Oak Ridge Revival).  Our only computer is in the study, which is in the front of our house, away from the kitchen & family room.  Because of this, my daughter gets away with sneaking lots of food & making huge messes while I am busy keeping up on my blogging! 

{Case in Point...That would be her polishing off her 6th popsicle!}

I thought this spot in the morning room, which is opened to both the kitchen & family room, would be a great place to compromise keeping up with my blogging & my kids!  It will also make a great spot for meal planning & couponing.

Anyway, the secretary had some minor imperfections, & I knew I didn't want to take on stripping & staining this piece because of all the details.  I decided to paint it instead.  Here's what I came up with:


I decided to paint it a cream color on the outside & a light green inside the display cabinet.  Then, I wiped it with stain to tone down the cream & give it an aged look.


Here is a picture of the inside.  On the top shelf I placed a wedding picture, plate from Hobby Lobby, & my newest piece of pottery, a pinch pot my son made in art class (my new favorite!).  Below that, I placed a silver tray from Dollar Tree, crystal bowl with flowers, & a framed letter.  On the bottom shelf I placed a basket (okay, I'll admit, I was running out of extra accessories at this point!) & one of my grandmother's dessert plates.



Now I just need to get a laptop to make it functional!  (That may be a while though!)

Have a great weekend!

Wendy

I'll be linking to these parties:

Show & Share Day at Just A Girl
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Simply Creations Friday at Simple Home Life
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...