Eliana's 5th Birthday

It's hard to believe that on this day five years ago, I was on my way to the hospital to be induced.  (To make a long story short, I didn't know I was in labor with my son, so I had to be induced to avoid having this baby at home!)  I recieved Pitocin around 6:30 a.m., and just two hours later, Eliana was ready to enter the world.  Of course, my doctor had just left the hospital, so I had to cross my legs until he got back!  I don't believe there is a birth or adoption story without some element of drama or surprise!  At 8:59 a.m., Eliana Denae entered the world & filled my life with much more surprise & drama than I could have ever imagined!

We celebrated her fifth birthday with friends & family this past Saturday.  I knew what theme would be perfect for Elie's party after seeing Christie's Vintage Paper Doll Party.  I loved all the details & tried to copy as many as possible!

First, I made the invitations by replicating an idea I found on the blog Whimsy Love.


Next, I spent time decorating, baking, planning the games, & cutting lots & lots of paper dolls out of card stock!

{Paper Doll Garland}

{Chips & Salsa, Cheese, Veggies, Strawberries, Licorice, M&Ms, Jelly Beans, & Cake}

{Cupcakes topped with paper doll dresses}

{Pin the Dress on the Doll}

The party activities consisted of coloring paper dolls & clothes, pin the dress on the paper doll, a scavenger hunt to find the goody bags, & a funny photo booth.  It turned out to be a pretty fun party!

{Goody Bags}

{Photo Booth}





Happy birthday Eliana!  I hope all your wishes come true!






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...