Moving Furniture with Ease

A few weeks ago, I decided to move the china cabinet from my dining room into my living room.  The only problem was, I was home by myself with my two kids.  Fortunately, I didn't let that stop me.

I have seen the infomercials for "Mighty Movers" (I think that's what they're called) & thought they would be really helpful.  I decided to make my own, by placing the lids from food jars under each of the legs on the china cabinet.


The lids that have the pop-up seal on them seemed to work best, as they were a little stronger.  Mine came from pickle & salsa jars.


I tilted the cabinet up & then slid the lid under the legs with my feet.

Once I had all the lids under the legs of the cabinet, the phone rang.  I went to answer the it & started gabbing away.  While on the phone, my seven-year-old son came in to interrupt (a normal occurrence EVERY time I'm on the phone...) & let me know that he had moved the cabinet all by himself!

{Reenactment}

Obviously, the jar lids made it easier to slide this cabinet into it's new position.  (Don't worry, this piece of furniture may look a little sad & in disrepair right now, but I have some big plans for it's new life in the living room!) 

So, do you have any other suggestions for moving furniture more easily?  I'd love to hear them!  I figure this one could be modified for hardwood floors by gluing felt to the jar lids.

Wendy





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...