Provincial with Potential

The first purchase I made for the nursery was furniture.  I decided I wanted a french provincial dresser for the space.  Luckily, I found a whole bedroom set (dresser, chest, bed frame, & mirror) on Craigslist for $100.  It wasn't in the best of shape:

{Dresser Before}

{Notice all the nicks & the bad "airbrushing" job!}

{Chest Before}

I forgot to take a picture of the side of the dresser, which was falling apart, the drawers that didn't have guides, & it was impossible to capture how wobbly they were!

To transform these pieces, I had my husband use his nail gun to fix the dilapidated sides & drawer guides.  Then, I filled in the nicks & gauges with wood filler before sanding down & cleaning every nook & cranny.  I also removed the handles & spray painted them white.

Finally, it was time to paint.  I brushed on several coats of Olympic One's Pigtail Pink in a satin finish (from Lowes) and wiped on a couple of coats of satin poly to complete the look.

Here are their beauty shots:

{Chest After}


{Dresser After}

I think they are looking pretty cute in the nursery!
Sharing here:

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing transformation! That was a great find for on Craigslist. This will be a piece you will enjoy for year to come. I'm so glad you left the original hardware on there. It really makes the piece and gives it a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are darling! i love that pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks beautiful. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...