A Work of Heart

As I was scouring Pinterest one day in search of ideas for the nursery, I came across some framed hearts, which of course, I didn't pin... (So now, I don't know the original source, & I don't even remember what it looked like!)  Anyway, I decided to try to create my own "work of heart" to fill up some wall space in the nursery!

I started out with an empty picture frame, burlap, & a string of beads (which I had purchased for a different project that I scratched!).  These were all things I had lying around, which makes this project even better!  To complete this project you will also need an iron, scissors, pen, heart cut out, glue sticks, & a glue gun.

{Supplies}

To begin, I ironed my slightly wrinkled piece of burlap & cut it a little bigger than my picture frame opening.  Then, I used a heart, which I had cut from paper, to trace the shape onto the center of the burlap.  Next, I added glue to a small area, & began tracing the shape of the heart with glue & beads (a little at a time).  I started at the bottom of the heart, worked my way to the top, back to the bottom, & then inside the heart.  When I was finally finished, I framed it & hung it on the wall.

Here's the finished product:

{After}

And here it is in her room:

{After}

I hope you like it!  Have you ever created art from a strand of beads?

Sharing here:



3 comments:

  1. that is just precious! very girly! well done. i'd love it if you got time on tuesday to link up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! That's so simple and beautiful! Just gorgeous. Would you consider sharing it here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/shine-on-fridays-24-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from the Tatertots and Jello link party. Love the heart! So sweet! Having 3 girls, I am partial to a "sweet" look!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...