Handy Half Bath

Our tiny bathroom had no storage, & with three children to get ready in the mornings, I needed a place to stash their toothbrushes, hair supplies, & extra toilet paper.  On Wednesday, I showed you how my husband helped remedy this problem by building floating shelves in the recessed area above the toilet.  Today, I’ll show you how I brought style & functionality together to create a bathroom that finally works for our family.

Designed To Dwell  {Half Bathroom}

Here is what the bathroom looked like before the redo:


Before adding the shelves, I took down the large towel rack & filled in the holes.  Then I painted the walls Toasted Almond by Olympic Paints.  I love how much lighter the room is now!

IMG_4686

We also changed the handle out on the toilet with a brushed nickel one.  It’s a great way to upgrade the toilet for a small amount of money!  The faux boxwood is from Michael’s.

IMG_4691

I enjoyed shopping the house & a few stores for accessories for the shelves.  I bought the basket on the top shelf from Garden Ridge a couple of years ago.  The gold bowl on the second shelf was from a flower arrangement my mother-in-law gave me years ago.  I saved it because I loved it, but this is the first time I’ve been able to use it in my décor.  The silver tray is from Dollar Tree & the succulents-I-will-never-kill were about $10 from Target!  The candle holder & shell bowl on the third shelf were both from Garden Ridge.  The bottom shelf holds my grandmother’s sewing basket & tiny kitten figurine.  The mirror is from Marshall’s.

IMG_4689

I’m kind of in love with this matted peacock print from Hobby Lobby.  It was originally $15.99, but I got it for half off.  I think it adds a little quirkiness to the room!  The frame was about $12 from Wal-Mart.

IMG_4692

The sink portion of the bathroom was a little harder to photograph.  We replaced the large towel rod with a smaller towel ring & changed the toilet paper holder to match.  I also added a new soap dispenser.  It’s not my favorite soap dispenser ever, but I needed something that was plastic, since my five-year-old loves to play in the sink…urgh!  It came from Target & the hand towel is from Marshall’s.

Here is another shot of this side of the room:

IMG_4693

I just love looking at this room now!  On Monday, I’ll show you where I hid the toilet paper, wipes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hair accessories, eye glass cleaner, & more! 
  IMG_4688

I’d love for you to follow along as we upgrade our builder-basic home!  You can follow Designed to Dwell through Google Friend Connect or receive posts through e-mail.  Have a great weekend!

Sharing at some of these great blogs:

Working With What You Have link up at emilyaclark.com





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...