Transforming Tab Curtains

The dining room has needed window treatments since we moved in.  A few weeks ago, I picked up some Lenda curtains from Ikea for $19.99 per pair.  The curtains were the right color & size, but I wasn’t exactly loving the tabbed top.  Originally, I purchased some curtain hanging clips with the intention of cutting off the tabs & using the clips, but I decided to ditch that idea when I realized I didn’t buy enough clips.  Instead, I decided to transform my tab curtains into rod pocket type curtains & today I’m going to show you how I did it!

IMG_4942

Here is what the curtains looked like before the transformation:

IMG_4924

First, I pinned each tab to the back of the curtains.

IMG_4931
Next, I simply sewed a few stitches in each tab to hold it in place.  Make sure to use a strong thread & knot it a few times to ensure a good hold.

IMG_4932

Finally, hang your curtains by sliding the rod into your newly created pocket & admire the transformation!

IMG_4930

Here’s the finished product (sans steaming)!

IMG_4943

Although this project was pretty simple, hand sewing all those individual stitches was time consuming!  Using a machine would have been much quicker, but I was afraid the stitching would show through the front.  What would you have done?

Linking here:

Working With What You Have link up at emilyaclark.com


TDC Before and After

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...