Hanging Decorative Keys

About a month ago, I purchased these keys for $1 each at Michaels'.


IMG_5950


At the time, I thought I would probably frame them & hang them on our new gallery wall, but when I got the layout the way I wanted, I decided not to use them in frames. 


Hanging Decorative Keys 


I knew I didn’t want to hang them with ribbon, & I didn’t want to have to put two nails in the wall to hold them up.  First I experimented with sticky tack, but they kept falling off the wall after a couple of hours.

Finally, I decided to hammer nails into the wall where I wanted them.  Then, I wiggled the nail out of the wall & glued the nail head to the back of the key, like so:


IMG_6053


I kept some sticky tack on the keys & then carefully pushed the nail back into the hole.
So far, it has worked perfectly at holding up the key without the nail being visible!


IMG_6054


Seems like the perfect solution to my problem!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...