Organizing Plates & Drinking Glasses

I hope you're not getting tired of these kitchen organization posts, because I’m milking this project for all it’s worth!  So, today I’m going to show you where I've stashed all the dishes!  Previously, The glasses & plates each took up two cabinets & the baby’s cups were in another one.  You can see for yourself in these lovely “before” photos:

IMG_6976IMG_6987IMG_6986

Last week, I mentioned that I moved all the water bottles & on the go type cups to our new “To Go” cabinet.  I also threw out some of our souvenir cups, since I don’t think you’re really supposed to reuse them!  This reduced the number of cups & glasses I needed to store.  Then, after moving a stool away from the cup cabinet, I realized I needed to make the kids’ dishes low enough that they could reach them without having to use a stool, because that ultimately meant that I would be putting the stool away!  After relocating the dish towels & lunch bags, I decided to use the two deep drawers between the stove & dishwasher to store the kids’ dishes.

IMG_7046

The bottom drawer holds all of our plastic cups & straws.

IMG_7049

The drawer above that holds plastic plates, bowls, & the baby’s sippy cups. 

I’m pretty sure Eliana is glad to be able to access the drink ware easier, as evidenced by the cup of frozen toys I found in the freezer!  (Oh wait, maybe this was a bad idea!)

Since I had greatly reduced the number of cups & dishes I now needed to store, I decided to combine both the glasses & dishes into one set of cabinets.

IMG_7087

The top shelf holds dessert cups & formal tea cups.

IMG_7081

Below that are our iced tea glasses.

IMG_7082

The bottom two shelves hold all of our everyday dishes.  Glasses on the left & plates & bowls on the right.

IMG_7084

On the right, above our everyday plates & bowls are lesser used plates.  The top shelf holds part of the 5 china place settings we got for our wedding!  (There will be no formal dinners happening at this house other than the five of us I guess!)

IMG_7083

The disposable dishes, napkins, & utensils are on the bottom shelf of the corner cabinet (where the baby’s random cups used to be).

IMG_7088

The rest of the cabinet holds what I call entertainment & serving dishes!  (Again, it’s kind of obvious we’re not formal people, huh?)

IMG_7089

And there you have it! 

So, do you consider a Dollar Tree popcorn tub a serving dish?  Just me?  Figured.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...