To Go Cabinet

One of the first things I do every morning is make my kids’ lunches.  (No, I’m not confused!  I make lunch in the morning!)  Zeke doesn’t like to eat the school lunch & Elie goes to school after lunch, so I make them at the same time…kill two birds, so to speak!

Every morning, I would walk back & fourth from the fridge to the pantry to the lunch bag drawer to the cup cabinet to the container cabinet to grab the essentials to make the kids’ lunches.  Here’s a look at a few of those areas before:

Somewhere in this upper cabinet are two water bottles Zeke takes to school everyday.

IMG_6976

The lunch bags were contained in a deep drawer next to the stove.

IMG_6982

This cabinets next to the sink held random plastic containers used for storage & lunch packing.

IMG_6992


IMG_6993

I decided it would make much more sense if I combined all these items into a “To Go” cabinet.  Here’s how it turned out:

IMG_7024

The left side of the cabinet is the one stop I need to go for all the lunch packing supplies I use in the morning.

IMG_7025

The top pull-out shelf holds Zeke’s water bottles, divided lunch containers, napkins, & a funny jokes to stick in his lunch bag.

IMG_7026

The lunch bags are stored below.  Since we don’t have a pull-out shelf on the bottom, I contained the bags in a basket to easily find the lunch bag I need.

IMG_7029

The cabinet on the right holds other essentials for food & drinks on the go.

IMG_7031

Small plastic containers & lids, along with a jar of plastic utensils sit on the top pull-out shelf.  We use these containers when we need to pack a snack to go or for my husband, who usually packs leftovers for his lunch at work.

Container Storage

Water bottles & travel type cups are stored on the bottom shelf.  Now, the kids can easily grab a water bottle to fill up on the way out the door for soccer!

IMG_7030

So, do you have a special cabinet or drawer to house lunch supplies?  I’m really hoping this will tame a little of the before school chaos that ensues around here in the mornings!

IMG_7024

I'll be sharing at these parties:



Evolution of Style     TDC Before and After     My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

DIY Show Off

3 comments:

  1. I need to do that! Store items I regularly use together in one cabinet. Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting my kitchen cabinets and pantry organized is on my ever-growing to-do list now that I've stopped working. It really does make the little things in life simpler, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I shared your blog post on my G+ page.

    Added tip: you can dedicate one of your refrigerator's crisper drawer to lunch-making supplies like lunch meat, yogurt cups, fruit. It's so much easier when everything is all in one place. No stress and hassle.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...