One Room Challenge- The Kids’ Bathroom

Looking back at my goals for the year, I realize I have yet to finish much on my list.  With the kids in school & the year quickly coming to an end, I am feeling motivated to knock a few projects off the list!  After reading about the One Room Challenge linking party at Calling It Home, I know it will be a great way to keep me accountable to this new-found motivation! 



I will be putting my efforts toward fixing up the kids’ shared bathroom. 



When we built our house four years ago, this was one of the first spaces I worked on.  I had very little budget & an unclear vision for the house, as well as my design style.  Recently, the obnoxious colors in this room (The green is much brighter in person.) are driving me crazy, & I am craving the feel of a classic, timeless look.  The budget is still very small, & I will have to use the existing fixtures, but I love the challenge of creating a whole new look with just paint & accessories.



So, here’s what I’m thinking…

I’ll paint the walls Quill, by Olympic Paints, from Lowes.  I’ll paint the vanity & mirror black to add a little drama to the space.  On the left wall, I’ll frame some pictures from the book Harry the Dirty Dog & add towel hooks below.  I will use black & white towels on the hooks & in a metal bucket by the shower.  I will hang two white curtains with black trim from the shower ceiling & add something pretty in between (like the picture above) since we have a standard tub & shower surround.  I’ll create the look of a 1930’s bathroom by DIYing a black toilet seat.  Finally, I’ll add a white runner for the floor.

I hope that this bathroom will evoke a classic, timeless look, without being too bland, since there won’t be much in the way of color. 

I have a lot to do, so I’d better get started!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your classic plan, the vanity will look awesome painted black! Have fun, Wendy, can't wait to check in next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your plan. The black and white is so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Harry The Dirty Dog. That was my all time favorite series. Love the plan and thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your black cabinets. Great choice! I've joined the linking party too. It'll be fun to follow you along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your classic and chic mood board is fabulous Wendy! Can't wait to see it come together dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great room that can grow with your kids. I just finished up our kud's bath (still need to do a post though). It is mainly black and white but I did add a splash with a mint vanity. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...