My Parents' House at Christmas

There is no doubt that Christmas is my parents favorite holiday.  As a child, every room in our home was decked out for the season.  Visitors constantly trickled in & out of our home & I have fond memories of decorating the tree & many fun Christmas traditions.  One of my all-time favorite decorations were the large sparkly snowflakes my dad hung from the kitchen ceiling!  My parents did an awesome job of making Christmas a magical time of year, & it's a big part of why my own family has so many Christmas traditions.

Last year, one of my mom's friends wrote to Kentucky Living Magazine suggesting they feature my mom's home.  The magazine sent a photographer to my parents' home & they had a small feature in the December edition!


The pictures that were taken & chosen for the article have kind of baffled me, since there are no pictures of the beautiful trees on the main floor, & the pictures they featured are of less-decorated areas.  Oh well!  You can see some more pictures from the website here.

Maybe next year I will get her to send me some pictures so I can feature their holiday home on my blog.  Although my mom's decorating style is different from my own, she can make even the saddest tree beautiful & can set a mean tablescape!

I hope you are all enjoying this special time of year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...