$5 Decorating: Adding Art

Since most of us don’t get paid to decorate, it’s always great to have some inexpensive ideas we can use to update our homes & fill our creative outlets!  For the past week, I have been sharing small updates I have made to our home, using only $5 or less.  I decided to look back over my archives & share a few cheap & easy ways we can add art to our homes.



Believe it or not, I printed these pretty botanical prints (above) for free from Vintage Printable.  The 11x14 frames were only about $10 for a set of two, but a lot of times you can find them on sale or use a 40% off coupon!  I grabbed some mats while I was there.  Of course, to stay under $5 for a picture like this, you could use an existing frame or buy a cheap frame from a thrift store & make your own mats out of poster board.  You can find the original post about these prints here.



I used Vintage Printable again, to print this bird picture for the mantel.  I stuck it in a frame I already had on hand & it helped brighten up the look of our mantel.



I used more of those inexpensive frames & mats from Michaels to frame pictures from a children’s book for the kids’ shared bathroom.  I just checked out the book from the library, made some colored copies, & stuck them in the frames, for free art!



A cheap Ikea frame + a free printable from Paper Coterie = a happy reminder to be happy & an adorable little spot on my desk!

There are a vast amount of resources for free & affordable “art” for your homes!  Not only can you frame free images from the Internet (please, make sure they are really meant to be free…) & pages from books & magazines, but you can also frame postcards, greeting cards, notes, kiddy artwork, calendar pages, shopping bags, scrapbook or wrapping paper, fabric…  (I could go on & on!)  I do have some other sources of affordable art on my pinterest board if you’d like to take a look!

So, do you have any sources for affordable art?  I’d love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...