All Dolled Up!

So, I mentioned in this post that my daughter's dollhouse has gone through a couple of transformations since I re-finished it in the spring.
This is what it looked like before I started working on it:

{Before}

Then I gave it a makeover after being inspired by a dollhouse in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog, and transformed it to this:

{After}



Unfortunately, the next transformation this dollhouse went through was not that pretty!  During some episodes of rough play, the dormer got knocked off, the door broke, the flower pots got broken, & most of the flowers in the window boxes went missing! 

I glued the dormer back on, replaced the flowers & pots, & bought a new door.  When I installed the new door (I'm totally making it sound like it was a real door, when in reality, I just glued it on!) I realized it was shorter than the opening.  To fill the leftover space, I constructed some steps made from some leftover trim.

This is how it turned out:

{After the After!}



Much better!


Hope you had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...