Flowers On the Wall

Since I am still having trouble conceptualizing my style, I couldn't figure out what to put on this big empty wall in the dining room.

{Before}

I thought about adding shelving & placing random dishes & accessories on them.  I also thought about doing a plate wall.  I wasn't sure if either of these looks would go along with the style I was trying to create in this room.  I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on a large piece of artwork.

In the end, I decided to go with pictures, similar to my entry art.  I went to Microsoft Office Images & typed "flowers" into the search engine.  I chose to limit my search to large photos.  Then, I simply found the images I liked & printed them as 5x7 prints.

 

I used some $3 frames with mats from Wal-Mart & figured out the arrangement on the floor.  Then, we made lots of holes in the wall (via trial & error, level, measuring tape, hammer, etc.) until we got it right!

{After}

I love the pops of color these photos bring to the room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...