Rub & Buff Curtain Rod

My mom made some pink satin curtains for the nursery shortly after Evalyse was born.  I had already purchased a black curtain rod from Ikea with some glass finials (I couldn't find the finials online).  When we finally hung them, I decided I didn't like the black rod in the room.

{Before}

After a quick coat of Silver Leaf Rub n' Buff, here is what they now look like:

{After}

These curtains were made with tabs in the back, which sometimes cause the curtains to slide & lose the "bunched" look that I like.  I decided to fix the problem by tying the tabs together, so they will stay scrunched together.  


It's not noticeable at all unless you are standing between the curtains & the wall (which would probably only happen during a mean game of hide & seek).  Oh, & you caught me red handed...I didn't bother adding Rub n' Buff to the brackets.  They also aren't noticeable from the front.

The room is finally coming together!

{After}

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff. I don't think I've seen this project before but what a great idea to use for curtain rods. I'd like to post this on our Facebook page if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the curtains came out so cute, love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby. I think it was $2.99 per yard plus 40% off with a coupon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...