Mother's Day Gifts & More

The past few weeks have been absolutely crazy around here!  First, there was the yard sale, which took more time & made more of a mess than I could have imagined.  It took me an extra week just to get the garage & house back to normal!  Then, I spent hours working on teacher appreciation gifts for the kids' teachers.  I'm bummed because they turned out so cute & in all the madness I totally forgot to photograph them so I could show them to you!  This past week was my son's school carnival & lots of Mother's Day festivities.

{Pony rides are always a favorite with Elie!}

{And of course the boy loves the dunking booth!}

{Mother's Day 2012}

This week, I have finally been writing "thank you" notes for all the baby gifts we recieved before & after Evalyse was born.  It's about time, right?  I also made her baby announcement & sent it out!  I am feeling so productive!  Now, if I could just get the nursery finished!  Hopefully next week!  (I feel like I've said that before...)

Anyway, back to Mother's Day.  Since my kids were born, we have been making gifts for both Mother's Day & Father's Day.  There have been stepping stones, bird feeders, flower pots, linen sprays, & this year, we made dish towels.

I purchased some flour sack towels from Wal-Mart for about $2 for two.  After ironing out the wrinkles, I folded them in thirds.  I traced each of my kid's hand prints & used some cute fabric & Steam & Seam to attach the hand prints to the towels.  I also ironed on some hearts & finished the towels with decorative ruffle ribbon.  I thought they turned out pretty cute!

{Handprint Towels}

 {Ruffled bottom}

{Sorry for the blurry picture & dirty stove...I didn't realize it was blurry & I no longer have these in my posession!}

Did your kids make anything for Mother's Day this year?  I will forever cherish the homemade gifts my kids have given me!  This year, Zeke wrote me a letter which read something like this...

Dear Mom,

Hi.  My name is Zeke...

Totally cracked me up!  After all, I did give him that name!








LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...