A Week & Six Years Ago...

Six years & a week ago, I woke up before the sun & headed to the hospital for an induction to meet my first born daughter.  Amazingly, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.  After registration & a quick wardrobe change, I started the IV of Pitocin around 6:20 in the morning.  The nurse kept telling me I might have a baby by dinner time.  I kept telling the nurse that I have quick labors & didn't want to wait that long to meet my daughter.

A short while later, the resident doctor came in to break my water.  Soon, the contractions started coming quicker & harder & I didn't know if I could take the pain until dinnertime, like my nurse kept mentioning.  At that point, I asked for the epidural.  (If you read this post, you know I never had any pain with my son...I didn't even know I was in labor with him!)  As I was getting the epidural (around 8:20 AM), I asked the nurse if I was supposed to feel like I needed to push.  She told me she would check me as soon as the anesthesiologist finished up.  As soon as he walked away, the nurse checked me, & sure enough, I was already fully dilated!

The nurse made a call to the doctor & came back to let me know he had just left the hospital.  Say what?  He didn't even come check on me before he left??  She told me to try to hold it in!  Once the doctor returned to the hospital, I gave four good pushes & Eliana Denae was born at 8:59 AM.  I knew I had quick labors, but I didn't realize it would be that quick!



The time has really flown by.  Elie has brought us so much enjoyment.  She is super silly & great at entertaining herself...which usually leads to huge messes & fits over cleaning up!  Last year, at her preschool graduation, her answer to the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was, "A princess, even though I already am one!"  This year, on her last day of Pre-Kindergarten, the teacher thanked each kid for their contribution to the class.  For Elie, she said, "Elie, thank you for always entertaining us & making us smile!  Elie was always singing & dancing...Look for her on Broadway!"  She is definitely a character & I can easily see her dramatics played out on Broadway someday!



I love you so much Elie Nae!  I can't imagine my life without you in it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...