Kitchen Appliance Storage

I have mentioned before that our kitchen appliance storage was random & made little sense.  Let’s take another look at where our lesser used appliances were previously stored:

Most of our appliances were stored in one side of a cabinet, while the other “empty” side was crammed with random junk that didn't belong in the kitchen!

IMG_6995

The griddle was too big to fit in any of our cabinets, so it took up space in a drawer, which I considered prime real estate!

IMG_6999

Other random appliances were in a shelf on the opposite end of the kitchen island.

IMG_7001

First, I decided to move the electric can opener to the Lazy Susan, where we store all of our cans.

IMG_7043

Now, I only need to open one cabinet when I need to open a can.

IMG_7044

After clearing out the main appliance cabinet & the junk cabinet next to it, I consolidated most of the appliances to that area.

The top left pull-out shelf houses both food processors & a sandwich maker.

IMG_7118

The pull-out shelf on the right holds the blender, chopper, mixer, electric knife, & crock pot.

IMG_7117

The bottom shelf holds only the bread machine, George Foreman grill (which we rarely ever use), & the waffle maker.  I put these on the bottom shelf since they are used less often than the other appliances.

IMG_7119

Since I no longer wanted the griddle taking up prime drawer real estate, I decided to keep it propped up on the floor of the pantry, since there is extra space now that the trashcans are no longer there.

IMG_7130

So, there you have it.  A simple post about where my appliances were relocated!  Having them less crammed in two side by side cabinets definitely makes them easier to get in & out.  Smaller appliances, that are used more frequently are best to keep with the items they are used with. 

IMG_7044

What about you?  Where do you store all your kitchen appliances?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...