Fall Touches Around the House

Here are a few simple touches of fall around our house…

Hanging Indian Corn

I used some Indian corn, faux leaves, & an artificial flower to create fall décor for the front door.

Fall Decor

When I took the packaging off the corn, the husks had taken on a funky shape.  To straighten them out, I soaked the husks in a sink of warm water for about 5 minutes & then hung them upside down to dry.  An hour or so later, I rubber banded them together where the corn & husk meet.  Then I stuck in three leaves & used hot glue to adhere a flower.

Fall Decor

I spray painted a fake pumpkin & added it to the entry table.

Fall Decor

This year, I changed up the mantel too.  On one side I used a pumpkin & some peacock feathers ($2.99/2 at Hobby Lobby) to create a more seasonal look.

Fall Mantel

I added an orange floral stem to my turquoise vase & a small pumpkin on the other side.

Fall Decor

With a nice fire, some pillows, & a blanket, it is feeling cozy in here.  That’s a good thing, because it’s about to get cold!

Click here to see how I decorated last year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...