Our Merry Mantel!

I hope you are all staying warm this week!  We have been blasted with several inches of snow & ice & I have been freezing my little toes off!  When the weather gets frigid, I enjoy sipping hot tea to the warmth of a fire & the glow from the Christmas lights adorning the mantel. 

I decided to change up the mantel quite a bit from the last several years.  After growing tired of my very fake greenery & being too scared I would catch the house on fire with the real stuff, I decided to forego greenery all together. 

Christmas Mantel

Two real pink poinsettias flank the mantel.

Pink Poinsettia

The space between them is filled with blue, gold, & silver ornaments & a string of clear Christmas lights with a white cord.

Christmas Mantle

I also hung ornaments on ribbon at various heights along the front of the mantel.

Ornaments Hanging from Mantel

Ornament Cluster on Mirror

A cluster of blue, gold, & silver ball ornaments hangs from the mirror.

Ornament Cluster

Here’s how that section of the family room is looking this year.

IMG_8180

Since the fire is nice & warm now, I think I’ll go grab a glass of tea & enjoy myself before the kids get home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...