Evalyse: Year Two

My daughter, Evalyse, turned two at the end of February.  Around the time I started planning the party, she had a love of “goggies”  (aka doggies…specifically, one that is big, red, & has his own show on PBS) so it only made sense to give her a dog themed party.  I scoured Pinterest in search of some of great inspiration & here is what I came up with…  (Click here to see all the great blogs I took ideas from.)

IMG_8702

I made her invitations using Microsoft Publisher. 

IMG_8528

The red & white striped background was made from one of those cardboard project boards you can get at the dollar store and red duct tape.  I cut the blue “2” out of poster board & covered it in wadded up tissue paper.

IMG_8529

I used plain red & white plates & wrapped the utensils in red & white polka dotted napkins.

IMG_8542

The Scottie dog cake tutorial came from here.

IMG_8530

Party guests left with a doggy bag full of bone-shaped sugar cookies I made.  I tweaked brown paper lunch bags to make the smaller bags & drew & colored in a paw print with a sharpie on each bag.

IMG_8537

What would a dog themed party be without the opportunity to adopt your own four-legged friend? 

IMG_8532

The Puppy Love Adoption Center was a place where guests could…

IMG_8535

choose a puppy (these are from Party City),

IMG_8536

give it a name,

IMG_8534

get it groomed,

IMG_8533

and take it home.  I made these dog houses from shipping boxes I bought from Wal-Mart.  I cut a triangle shape in the front & back of the top & added a black roof from poster board.  Then, I cut out an opening in the front & painted them.

IMG_8539

I decked out the mantel with some more tassel garland & a stuffed dog.

IMG_8527

After chowing down on a hot dog bar, and watching her birthday video it was time for the birthday girl to open presents!

IMG_8546

The party ended with cake & ice cream.

IMG_8561

I think Evie had a great time at the party!  It will be interesting to see how this next year unfolds!





Above is the birhday video I made for Evie this year.  We had it set to the song "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack, but since we don't own the rights, I didn't put the music on here.  I think it will be self-explanatory why I rarely blog these days once you watch the video!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...