Home Tour: The Living Room

This past summer, I finished up making over our living room.  When we had first moved in, it held the furniture from our old living room, which didn't fit the style of our current house.

Monochromatic Living Room

The makeover began by purchasing the Carmen Sofa from Pier One & a cheap coffee table I spray painted gold.

Carmen Sofa

Gold Coffee Table Accessories

I made my own pillows…

DIY Pillows

and made artwork from free printable images.

DIY Botanical Art

An old china cabinet got a new life with a coat of paint & some mirrored glass,

China Cabinet Makeover

and I tackled my first re-upholstery job on an old pair of chairs.

DIY Upholstered Chairs

I refinished my great-grandmother’s table & learned how to style it.

Styling a Round Table

And then my husband & I reupholstered a $40 pair of antique chairs with drop cloths.

Reupholstering Chairs

We are still pretty proud of ourselves!

Drop Cloth Chair

If you need a refresher, here is how the room looked after we moved in:



And here it is today:

Neutral Glam Living Room

To find links to all the projects & sources for this room, click here.

Thanks so much for joining me on today’s room tour!  I hope you’ll stop back on Thursday to see more of the dining room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...