Home Tour: The Dining Room

It seems like formal dining rooms are becoming a thing of the past, as more people opt for larger eat-in kitchens where guests can be closer to the cook.  I noticed this trend slightly after purchasing a home with both a formal living room & dining room!  That’s alright though, we use our formal dining room on a fairly regular basis.  Occasionally for when we host a large group of family & friends, but most often as a place to work puzzles & sew!

Neutral Dining Room

This room was one of the first in our house that set the tone for my new decorating style.  After installing wainscoting & chair rail, I coated the walls in Dusty Trail paint & filled the room with a table & buffet from Craigslist.

Traditional Dining Room

I don’t think I really loved the room until I added the sunburst mirror over the buffet.

Styled Buffet

The pop of color in the orchid helped too!

Dining Room Decor

I made my own table runner to cover a flaw on the table & added some cheap accessories for the top.

Table Centerpiece

Tabletop Vignette

I also created some inexpensive & colorful artwork for the large blank wall opposite the buffet.

DIY Colorful Art

A lone chair sits in the corner, & someday I hope to have colorful plates hung above it, but that will have to wait until I find the perfect ones!

Extra Seating

It’s amazing how a room can go from this:

Dining Room Before

to this:

Neutral Glam Dining Room

with just paint & accessories (okay, & trim work too).

Dining Room After

For more information on the project & sources from this room, please visit this post.

I hope you’ll stop back next Tuesday for another room tour!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...