Chalkboard on the Cheap!

So, a while ago I posted about a boa wreath I made for Elie's room that just didn't work out.  Needless to say, I was frustrated and in need of a new piece of art to hang in it's place.  Later that day, I went in the basement & saw this:


I really did like this picture, but wasn't using it since I changed the decor in my living room.  I decided with a little paint & trim, I could make this a cute chalkboard for my daughter's room.

Basically, I quickly spray painted the metal at the top & bottom a flat silver (it's all I had).  Then, I painted on two coats of chalkboard paint, and added some pink & white polka dotted ribbon I had on hand.

I think it turned out pretty cute:


Elie can even tuck special cards in between the ribbon.

The only bad thing about Elie having a chalkboard in her room is that she is too busy playing with it at night to go to bed!  Maybe bedtime will get easier once the newness wears off!

Partying here:




    A Marvelous MessThe DIY Show Off

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...