Pretty In Pink

What should have only taken a week to tweak is finally finished (after a few more weeks & tweaks than first expected!)…

Welcome to my daughter’s pretty in pink on pink on pink bedroom:

Let’s take a closer look at some of the details…

I designed Eliana’s nightstand to also be used as a vanity.  The mirror was a $6 find from Family Dollar that I spray painted silver.  I spruced up the lamp & displayed some of Elie’s finest jewelry on the necklace stand.  The shelf below holds some of her favorite princess books as well as a jewelry box & hatbox full of the rest of her jewelry collection!
I added some trim and a bow to the mosquito netting to add a little more glamour to it.  My husband built the headboard (more on that in another post…) and I made lots of pillows to accompany the bedding.  I found it a couple of years ago on Overstock.


The other side of the bed houses some favorite bedtime stories & a chair for reading.  I recently changed the artwork, which is printed from Graphics Fairy and transformed some unused artwork into a chalkboard.   
My mom made both the pink gingham curtains & the white panels.  The panels were made from a twin flat sheet.

Here is the other side of the room. 

Elie has had many tea parties at her Raggedy Ann & Andy table.  The table was a perfect fit for the room as it has scalloping under the top (which mimics the walls & curtains) and pink painted gingham on the table & chair tops (the curtains, pillows, & bedskirt are also pink gingham).  It came from Toys R’ Us a few years ago.

 We recently added the shelf & accessories.  The frog prince is one of my favorite accessories in the room.  I found it for 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I might have paid $5 for it!

The dresser recently got new knobs and accessories.  You can read about the lamp here.

I also love this cute princess piggy bank, which I got for 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I recently painted the paper mache boxes, added pink & white polka dotted ribbon as trim, & tied them with a pink bow.
     
Here’s another angle in the room.  You can see the paper doll art, dollhouse, & ribbon stool that I posted about.  I love her pretty ballet costume hanging on the wall & can't wait for her June recital!


To create the scallop border, I cut the shape out of cardboard & traced it around the room.  Then I painted around it.  When my husband came home his first response was, “Looks like a pink ocean!”.  Since that was NOT the look I was going for, I decided to add some jewels (with sticky tack) to give it more of a “crown” look!
Here's one more peek before you go!

The DIY Show Off My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia    Photobucket    Weekend Bloggy Reading   

20 comments:

  1. Pinkalicious! What a darling room!!!! I love every single detail!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet and adorable pink room - perfect for any little girl. Hope you have a lovely weekend :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the sweet pink theme and your little touches! It's so perfect for a little girls room! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday sometime! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positively beyond darling!!! I just think it looks so sweet and feminine which is how I think little girl rooms should look! :-) You did a fabulous job with the scallop border and I don't think it looks like an ocean at all but the jewels were the perfect "crowning" touch. Great job Wendy, and thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful room. I especially love the bling details on the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. L-O-V-E it! You did a great job! I love pink and girly stuff! My daughters ahve tons of jewlery too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it and the scallop looks amazing. I did something similar in my daughter's bathroom. The whole room is very pretty. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this room! I'm getting ready to start redoing my toddler daughter's room into a big girl room and I've bookmarked this post for inspiration! I love the scallops and the jewels are a lovely unexpected touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a seriously girly girl room! So sweet and delicate. I love it!

    The scalloped border at the top is lovely and I love the little tea party set up. I bet she loves it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from Amandad's Weekend Bloggy Reading Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty room. thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous! I love the canopy and the scalloped border! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty room, fit for a princess. you did such a beautiful job! i love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It did not look like a pink ocean, I thought that it was the perfect room for a pretty princess! It is just gorgeous.

    My daughter's bathroom is in a similar style/color, I think that we have similar taste. She is also a little ballerina.

    Over from Roomspiration- New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. she's a lucky litle girl...you might like one of our chairs for her room as she gets older. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, what an amazing job you did!!

    Cara
    http://homespunkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/rachels-grown-up-room-redo.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is incredible! Truly stunning! My girls would love a room like this one! The paint is perfect and I love toile! Way to go! We are so happy you joined us for Roomspiration! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous, too! So pretty, soft, and feminine! Just darling! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the details. I also have very pink bedrooms as you can see:
    http://perfect-home.blogspot.com/2011/07/little-girls-bedroom-quarto-de-uma.html
    I hope you enjoy it also.

    Ines

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...