Another Shopping Trip

A few weeks ago I was able to leave the big kids with Mark & head out to do a little shopping on my own.  I stopped by one of my favorite spots, Garden Ridge, specifically to check out their mirrors & art work for the dining & living room.  While I was there, I thought I would share a few pictures of what I saw.
I loved this sunburst mirror.  It was 33 inches in diameter & around $80.
IMG_5076
At $60 this next mirror was also a contender for the dining room.  Eventually, I decided it looked too much like a flower that should be in a little girl’s room.
IMG_5078
I really liked these round mirrors too.  I believe they were both around $50.  The price was right, I just wasn’t sure about the size.  They were probably around 24 inches in diameter.
IMG_5079
This black mirror was nice for $60. 
IMG_5080
They had these ornate mirrors in different colors.  I can’t remember how much they were, but nothing I looked at was over $100.
IMG_5081
Any guesses on which mirror I picked out?
IMG_5151
I ended up going with this sunburst mirror!  I like the way the round mirror softens all the rectangular pieces in the room.  The size was great & it adds a bit of fun to this otherwise pretty traditional room.  As a bonus, the finish matches the one on the frames across the room!
Next up, I headed to the art department.  We need to hang something above the new couch.  After watching an episode of Four Houses on TLC, I decided I wanted a large piece of art to hang there.  (One lady was commenting that the only thing on the homeowner’s walls were either family pictures or initials.)  I thought she had a good point, which is what brought me to the art department of Garden Ridge!
I’m thinking about going back for this piece.  I wish I could remember how much it cost.
IMG_5082
I also liked the other three below, but I wanted something with more color I could incorporate into the room, something that was already framed, & my husband said, “no flowers”!
IMG_5083
IMG_5084
IMG_5085
I had $30 in rewards money from Pier One after purchasing our couch, so I decided to use them before I forgot about them!  Here’s what I ended up getting for the money:
I thought this set of owl measuring cups was too cute to pass up!
IMG_5152
Here’s a picture of the whole family!  I loved the way the colors matched those in most of our downstairs area.
IMG_5153
I also bought this pretty flower candle holder to add to the book shelves in the family room.
IMG_5154
IMG_5155
All in all, I felt like I had a pretty successful shopping trip.  Now, to find the time to exchange a couple of things & see if that print is still available!

3 comments:

  1. The blog is very interesting and it is a shopping trip. The social commerce also presented more interesting products are shown. The shopping is the good information to all the people. It is the good shopping trip for getting good product.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...