$5 Decorating: Updating Framed Photos

The beginning of the year is always hard on us financially.  We get hit up with some expensive bills this time of year (auto & home insurance, as well as our property taxes) & money is tight.  For the past couple of weeks I have been dreaming of making some changes to our family room & morning room & have honestly felt slightly depressed that I couldn't act on any of those changes until our money situation loosens up a bit. 

As I sat staring at Pinterest & looking back at my goals for this year, I realized there were some small, inexpensive updates I could make that would at least help get me out of my funk.  (First world problems, I know…)  Anyway, I've put together a little series I’m calling $5 Decorating & today we’re talking photos!



The back wall of our morning room held messy faced pictures of my two oldest children when they were younger.  Now that our baby is nearing two, I felt it was finally time to add her mug to this little photo gallery.  I started this little update by re-painting the frames black with some paint I already had on hand.  Next, I ordered a black & white print of my youngest child on her first birthday, & a picture of my husband & I cutting the cake on our wedding day & plopped them in the frames.

IMG_8488

I changed up the accessories on the side table a while ago, using items we already had on hand- a thrift store lamp, tray with some devotional books for the kids, a cheap Ikea bowl I diy’d, & some candle sticks.

IMG_8490

It’s so nice to know that just a little time & money can actually update the appearance of a space! 

So, do you have any frames you need to update?  It’s such an easy task, but one that I almost always put off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...