Home Tour: The Family Room

It’s only been a few months since I revealed the family room makeover, but since I took the pictures with my old camera, I thought I would take more with my fancy camera since it is much better quality.  (Same novice photographer who can no longer blame the camera for poor quality!)

 Colorful Family Room

One of the first things you see when you enter the family room is the DIY mirrored cabinet my husband built.  I love this table so much I want him to build another one for the morning room!

DIY Mirrored Cabinet

This makeover began with the purchase of two Danbury Sofas from JC Penney’s.

Danbury Sofa

The old, rectangular coffee table no longer worked with two full-sized sofas,

Family Room Decor

so we built a large, sturdy, stylish coffee table that makes a great spot to prop your feet.

DIY Coffee Table

I struggled with how to style it, but I’m so happy with what I came up with, without spending any money!

Styling a Coffee Table

I was able to score this Jaipur rug for a great deal at a local store called Bargains & Buyouts.

Turquoise Family Room

During the makeover, I refinished this wooden table I found on Craigslist & easily styled it with an orchid & some frames.

Side Table Styling

We took apart our old DIY entertainment center to create this space for electronics & toy storage.

Entertainment Center

After detaching & shaving off some of the bulky base piece, it got a coat of black satin paint & pretty gold hardware.

DIY TV Console

We added doors to the bookcases to conceal game, puzzle, book, & toy storage.

Adding a Door to Bookcases

The fireplace wall looks less bare,

Fireplace

thanks to some bargain chairs

DIY Artwork

& printable artwork.

Chairs Flanking Fireplace

An Ikea dresser got a coat of turquoise paint, & took the place of cluttered cube storage.

Ikea Tarva Chest

Tabletop Styling

It’s hard to believe that just a few months ago, this room:

Pretty Family Room

looked like this:

Family Room Before

To see a complete list of project links & sources, click here.

Family Room After

I have one last space to share with you on Thursday.  I hope you come back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...