Top Posts in 2012


When I started thinking about putting together a list of the top projects on this blog for 2012, I wondered if I even accomplished ten “good” projects this year!  After going through all the posts from the year, I was pleasantly surprised to find some great posts I had forgotten about!  So, in case you are new to the blog, or would just like a re-cap of the year, here are the ten most viewed posts published in 2012:

Tips for Installing Chair Rail & Wainscoting

In this post I went into detail about how we installed the chunky chair rail & faux wainscoting in our entry & hallway.  When we started this project we had a hard time figuring out how big to make the boxes, how much space to put between them, & how to handle awkward angles.  Hopefully, this post will make it easier for anyone installing chair rail & wainscoting.

IMG_3790


Adding Storage In a Tiny Bathroom

We decided to take advantage of vertical wall space to add storage in our small half bathroom.  This post gives a quick tutorial for how we built the floating shelves above the toilet.

IMG_4671


Handy Half Bath

Here you will find pictures of the finished half bathroom, once the shelves were styled, artwork was hung, and new accessories were added.

IMG_4684


The Entryway

The entryway had been in the works since 2011, but after a couple of bad paint choices, procrastinating on painting the 18-foot ceilings, and a last minute decision to add chair rail and faux wainscoting, it didn’t get “finished” until January of 2012.  Clicking the link above will take you on a tour of the space.

IMG_3778


More Molding

We decided to add more chunky chair rail and faux wainscoting in the dining room.  This post shows how we did it & answers a few more questions that came up.

IMG_3865


Creating An Outdoor Fire Pit

Our backyard has a huge slope to it.  When we realized there was a small flat area near the end of the hill, we decided to take advantage of it & create a fire pit area.  I handed this project over solely to my husband and eight-year-old son.  This post is a play-by-play of how they did it.

Creek Stone Patio


So Fa-ortunate

I was so excited to purchase the Carmen Sofa from Pier One, that I showed it off in this post!  I guess many of you liked it too, since it made the top ten!

IMG_4589


The Nursery

The nursery was finally revealed a little after Evalyse turned three months old!

IMG_4534


The Dining Room

I’m so glad to have the dining room finished up!  I am still liking the clean, traditional-modern look it has going!

IMG_5862


Stylish Storage

Last on the top ten list were the inconspicuous storage solutions I used for all the bathroom accessories filling our open shelving.  The system is still working great! 

IMG_4670


A few of my favorite projects from the year didn’t make the top ten, but lucky for you, I’m sharing them again anyway!

Toy Troubles

Now that Evalyse is mobile, I needed a space to stash all the big kids’ hazardous toys from her awesome pincer grasp!  Not wanting to have to worry about the mess or danger on the main floor & not wanting them to be able to play in their rooms when they are supposed to be “calming down”, I decided to repurpose this linen closet (between their rooms) for their toys.

IMG_5244


Glamorous Gold

After a couple of coats of gold spray paint, I am loving the addition of this coffee table to our living room!  (Now to finish the rest of the room…)

IMG_5913


Black & Gold Chalkboard Gallery Wall

Painting this nook with chalkboard paint and adding gold accessories added drama & gave the space some personality.

IMG_6042


Well, that’s the best I have for 2012!  Next week I hope to post my goals for the year.  This time, I will really try to be reasonable!

Sharing here:


TDC Before and After

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...