Family Room Update

I never really liked the picture frame hanging above the mantle in the picture below.


Originally, the frame was brown with gold accents.  After a few months of it hanging, I decided to take the plunge & paint the whole frame the dark brown that you see above.  I felt better about it for a while, but then decided I didn't like the contrast between the brown & the white, especially since that color of brown is no where else in the room.

This past week, I decided to try a new color of spray paint.  I gave it two coats of satin nickel & then brought it back in to hang on the wall.  The faux silver didn't do the frame any favors & my husband just started laughing when he saw it!!  Urgh!  I decided I needed to tame down the silver, so I used a t-shirt to rub some wood stain all over the frame.  After letting it sit for a few minutes, I wiped the stain off.  The result is below:

{Sorry about the crooked candle...}

This accented the designs in the frame & definitely toned down the faux silver.  I'm still not sure I like it, but this is how it will stay for now anyway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...