Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas!

I truely hope that in the next few days, you will be able to spend time, enjoying the company of your loved ones.  I also hope that you will be able to reflect on the miracle & magic of the season, which doesn't come through Santa (as this picture suggests!), but that comes through the extraordinary events that happened in a dirty, smelly stable, when God became man.

As a kid, one of our Christmas morning traditions was to eat breakfast & read about the story of Christmas before unwrapping our presents.  Many years, my dad would read the chapter, "In a Moment" from the Max Lucado book God Came Near.  That chapter is definitely one of my favorite readings about the birth & life of Jesus.  I found a pdf version that includes several different Max Lucado writings about Christmas.  I would encourage you to check it out, & especially read chapter two, "In a Moment".  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Here's the link:  It Began in a Manger


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...