Study Inspiration

Now that I think I've finally found my design style and really like the direction the entry, living room, dining room, & family room are going, I've realized the study in this house is out of place.


The cherry wood, dark draperies, & formality don't blend well with the design in the rest of the house.  Most of the other rooms on the main floor have neutral walls, lighter draperies, & pops of bright colors.  In an effort to make this room more cohesive with the rest of the house, I decided to do a little makeover.  Here are some things that are inspiring me:

I love so many things about Shelli's office (which is now a playroom)!  I love the pops of turquoise, the bookshelf styling, the desk in front of the windows, & the white office chair.






I'm hoping to incorporate a nail head cork board like this behind the computer.


I really like the lines in Megan's X leg desk:

Source

This warm gray should be a good paint color for the room.  It's Quill by Olympic.

Source


I recently spotted this lampshade at Target that would be perfect in the room & integrate the other colors from the main floor perfectly!

I'm thinking these fabrics would go great with it:
























Source: fabric.com via Wendy on Pinterest








I'm sure things will change once I actually start purchasing items like accessories, but this is a good start on the direction I'm hoping this room takes!

Sorry for all the wonky pictures in this post.  I obviously don't understand HTML!  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...