Exterior Updates

The last time you saw the front of our house, it was looking like this:

















Then the glass broke on the post lamp, which stopped working every time a ball hit it (which happens on a daily basis around here) and the flat, red paint on the door started fading.  It was definitely time for an update.

IMG_8667

We began by taking out the post lamp & disconnecting the electric from the house.  Someday, I think it would be nice to use the electric that used to run to it (which is safely capped off at the house) on some nice landscape lights, but for now I'm just happy the above eyesore is gone!

IMG_8680

After giving the front door a few coats of semi-gloss black paint, I decided we needed to replace the brown lights on the front of the house.  I found a great deal on these lights at Menards (just $35 for a 2-pack of lights!).

IMG_8681

I also found some new turquoise planters at Big Lots and added hot pink geraniums to them.  I could obviously use some tips on how to care for geraniums.

IMG_8682

I'd love to find a larger, more colorful mat for the front door, but I haven't seen anything I like yet.

IMG_8685IMG_8684

From this picture you can see that the post light is gone.  Someday, I would love to have a pretty glass door, but for now, the black is much better!

So, have you started any exterior projects?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...