Girl’s Bedroom Makeover: Free Art

I am more than halfway through the One Room Challenge, where I am trying to make over my daughter’s bedroom in just six short weeks!  My plan is coming to fruition with paint on the walls & the furnishings installed.  Most of the remaining work is sewing & zhushing.  I am avoiding painting the bedframe getting a little ahead of myself styling the room, but couldn't wait to get started framing some free prints I found while perusing the internet. 

DSC_0981

I thought this “She believed” print was so adorable, I knew I had to find a place for it in my daughter’s room.  It is filling up some vertical space on her bookshelves, along with this knockoff Anthropologie trinket dish I copied from A Gathered Home.  When I originally saw it on Pinterest, I knew I needed to include it in Elie’s room, since giraffes are her favorite animal.

DSC_0982

My husband & I are hoping this quote about “Difficult things” will inspire our daughter to persevere through difficult tasks & circumstances.  The circles print behind it can be found here.

DSC_0994

I chose this “Be lovely” print to hang as part of a gallery wall between the two doors in Elie’s room.  I love the faint colors in it. 

DSC_0990

This floral one is probably my favorite.  I taped it to a piece of black poster board with some gold washi tape.  (Sorry for the crazy angle—it’s hard to photograph these without glares, since they are directly across from windows.)

DSC_0988

I liked the vibrant colors in this butterfly print.

DSC_0989

Just a pretty reminder that being herself is beautiful!  My husband doesn’t get this one, but I think it’s cute & I like the message.

DSC_0972

I saw a print just like this at Hobby Lobby & replicated it for free!  I already had an old white frame, mat, & chartreuse paint at home.  It is the perfect art to sit on Elie’s nightstand & remind her how much her family loves her.

DSC_0984

I framed some of Elie’s polished stones & shells (not pictured) in an acrylic box frame.

DSC_0986

I also framed some of her pretty rocks.  I wrapped some wire around them & poked it through a piece of black poster board for mounting.

DSC_0996

Here is a link to the constellation printable on the bottom row.  I couldn't get a good picture of it on it’s own.

You can find some other cute printables on my board for Elie’s room and my board for printable art

Now, I’m off to check out all the good projects going on at Linda’s for the One Room Challenge!



Also sharing at the Best of the Nest party.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...