Weekend Update

Sorry, if you were expecting a hilarious SNL skit in this post!  It's just me recapping all the progress we made on the house this weekend, while the kiddos spent time with their grandparents!

We added casing around the openings into the living room, dining room, & kitchen.  I forgot to take a before picture, but the openings were similar to this one:

{Kind of Before}

{Not quite after...}

We still have to fill in nail holes, sand, caulk, & paint them, but at least we are finally making progress!

We Mark, also added the base molding for our chair rail in the entry way & upstairs hallway.


We still have to add the actual chair rail & wainscoting below.

While my husband spent the weekend with his saw & nail gun, I spent the entire weekend sorting through paint samples from four different stores trying to find the perfect color of "greige" for our entry way & hallways!  It seriously took me all weekend to choose a color!  I think I found a good color with Olympic's Toasted Almond.  Here's a picture, although, I'm sure it's not quite accurate of the color:

{Toasted Almond}

I'm crossing my fingers that I will get the walls above the chair rail painted "Toasted Almond" this week.  I'm also hoping Mark can add the chair rail & wainscoting within the next week or two.  (That's probably wishful thinking though!)

















LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...