DIY Floral Painting

I fell in love with the Lulie Wallace calendar at Anthropologie, which is unfortunately no longer available.  I love how bright & cheerful her paintings are & I thought they looked simple enough to try & re-create.  I was inspired mainly by “Flowers for Avery” & decided to try my hand at painting.
First, I picked up a watercolor poster board from Hobby Lobby.

IMG_8568

Next, I lightly sketched my design.  (It’s really on there, but you can barely see it!)

IMG_8569

Please keep in mind that I only took Art 1 in high school & I really know nothing about depth/perception/mixing colors/shading (the list goes on…) & this painting really doesn’t make much sense as far as how the flowers are situated!  Let’s just pretend they are randomly sitting on a table & this painting is a view from above & there is a random yellow ribbon on the table!

Anyway, I painted the flowers first, next the leaves, & finally, the background. 

IMG_8575

Despite not really knowing what I was doing, I’m pretty happy with the results.

IMG_8577

So happy that I removed the picture gallery from the nook.

IMG_8578

I’m hoping to have it hanging soon, but first I need to fill in about 50 nail holes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...