Family Room Challenge: More Progress

This has been a productive week in the family room!  I gave the room a fresh coat of paint—Cosmic Rays by Olympic.  It is a shade lighter than what was originally on the walls.  After that, Mark framed out all the windows & I painted all the trim.

Window Framing

We switched out the curtains & rods.  The Vilborg curtains from Ikea really freshen up the room’s look.

Vilborg Curtains

I also refinished the round side table, which went looking like this:

Before

to this:

Refinished Table


Family Room Side Table

The Tarva chest is replacing this toy shelf.  I painted it Aqua Bay by Olympic Paints & added some cheap knobs to it.  (It is obviously not styled up…)

Tarva Chest

I absolutely love Vintage Printable & printed off eight images.  We framed them & hung 4 of them on each side of the fireplace.  You can find the links to each printable on my Family Room Pinterest Board.

Leaf & Bird Art

Not bad for free art, ay?

Leaf & Bird Art

This week I’m hoping we can get tweak the current entertainment center.

To Do
  • Paint walls & trim
  • Add window trim
  • Hang curtain panels
  • Make & hang roman blinds on side windows
  • Build coffee table
  • Address toy cubbies
  • Refinish side table
  • Hang art
  • Build console table
  • Tweak TV unit
  • Add doors to bookcases
  • Add pillows, lamps, rug, & accessories
To see more progress from this makeover, visit my posts from Week One & Week Two.  To see more One Room Challenge makeovers, visit the link party here


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...