2014 Project Goals

I love the fresh start that a new year brings.  Usually, as one year is ending, I am busy dreaming up big plans for the next one!  The idea of starting over & trying to improve my home & self is so exciting to me!  It doesn't all usually come to fruition, but I’m okay with that.  I think just having a general idea of what I would like to accomplish helps my scattered brain know what I need to focus on.  Anyway, before we look at my hopes for 2014, lets take a depressing look at what I accomplished from last year’s goals.

Out of my 11 goals for last year, I accomplished three! 

First, I made over the study to better fit our personalities & style.



Next, we added a few decorative touches to spruce up the patio.



Finally,  I updated the kids’ bathroom.



Projects for 2014

This year, I just want to focus mainly on the function & style of our first floor & finishing those other 8 projects from last year!  So, here’s the plan:

1. Finish up the current living room projects by recovering a set of chairs & accessorizing with new pillows.  (This is an older picture.  I have already added some pillows & art above the couch.  Pretty soon I’ll show you the new accessories on that round table too!)



2. Make a few tweaks to the family room, to better reflect my new found style!  In 2013, I re-styled the mantel & ordered new sofas.  Unfortunately, nearly three months after ordering the sofas, we have encountered one problem after another & have still not received them.  Currently, one is missing.  I’m really hoping for some good news this week, but I won’t be holding my breath.

This year, I want to replace the sofas (see them here), add art above the gold chairs, make some tweaks to the entertainment center, add a console behind the couch, a new ottoman coffee table, & add some additional toy storage.  A new lighter, gray-blue paint color may appear too.  I’m hoping to start knocking these projects off soon, since Christmas has left toy storage at a premium!



3. Change up the morning room to better reflect the style of our home.  To do this, I want to paint the buffet white, replace the secretary for something with cleaner lines, re-accessorize, possibly tweak the chairs, & maybe replace the curtains.  I’m not sure what I’ll actually be able to get done in this room, but I feel that it is the room farthest from my style on the main floor.  (Does that make sense?)  Time to search for inspiration, & learn magic!

 

4. Add deep shelving in the storage section of the basement.  (Done- See it here!)



5. Beautify the backyard by adding a retaining wall next to the patio & making it a decorative vegetable garden.  (Those exist, right?)  Also, add plantings & make some adjustments near the fire pit area.



6. Paint the front door black & replace the shutters on the arched window (if we still have them).  Possibly add some seating to the front porch.



7. This summer, I hope to make over my kids' rooms.  We bought my daughter a brass bed last year & my son a large vintage map & dresser.  The bed & the map have yet to be installed.  I’d like to paint their walls the same neutral color, add new bedding (they might both be getting full sized beds), curtains, chairs, & a parsons desk for my daughter.  We’ll see if I make it to this, since I’d much rather work on the above 6 items first.



I guess I better get off here & try to convince my husband to help me get all this done… and maybe start looking for a job! 

So, do you set goals for your home every year?  I’d love to know what they are!  Feel free to share in the comments below!

Sharing here:


TDC Before and After

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...